Wednesday, April 22, 2015

France - Lunch - Brie Apple Honey Crêpes


I've always loved French food, especially crêpes. My friends and I are constantly scouting the greater Boston area for crêpe places, and we haven't been disappointed. The only problem is, they aren't the healthiest option. Several years ago, I discovered this recipe from the fitness blogger Blogilates that makes the crêpe batter so much healthier and cheaper! I love this recipe for breakfast and lunch, and you can fill it with anything you like. For lunch, we're going to fill it with brie and apples, one of my favorite combinations.


Ingredients:
1/2 banana
1/3 cup of oats (I only had steel cut, but Quaker Oats works best)
1/4 almond milk (you can use any kind of milk)
1 egg
1 tsp. cinnamon
Thin slices of brie and apple (any kind of apple, but I used Granny Smith)
Honey (agave works too)

Directions:

1. In a blender, blend together the banana, oats, almond milk, egg and cinnamon.





2. Over a medium/high heat on a greased pan, pour batter and then thin out by moving the pan to spread out the batter. When it begins to bubble, flip over and on one half spread out the brie slices evenly then the apple on top of the brie. When the bottom is cooked through, flip other half over and create a pocket crêpe.





3. Wait for brie to melt a little bit then plate and drizzle with honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment