Thursday, May 14, 2015

France - Dessert - Gâteau Chocolat


When I was in Paris, I had the most amazing chocolate cake for dessert. Since then, I have been searching for recipes to try and recreate it. This recipe is one of my attempts, taken from a cooking blog of a French mother and cook. Classic chocolate cake is my go to birthday cake or pick me up food. It's amazing just by itself, or topped with whipped cream and fruit or powdered sugar. As you can tell, most of my dessert recipes are chocolate. I was born loving chocolate, and I don't see myself changing anytime soon. There's more to come, but for now try this one!

Ingredients:

3 eggs
150 grams sugar
100 grams dark chocolate, melted
75 grams butter, melted
115 grams flour
Salt

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 300ºF.

2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
3. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the melted chocolate, the melted butter and finally and progressively the flour. Blend until well combined.



4. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.


5. Pour the mixture into a buttered cake tin.

6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake-tester/knife comes out clean. Top with powdered sugar if you wish!



No comments:

Post a Comment