Monday, May 4, 2015

India - Breakfast - Mango Lassi


When I was brainstorming recipes with my friends, I was told I have to make mango lassi for breakfast and that it would completely change my life. I was not lied to. Making this smoothie like yogurt and fruit concoction was so easy and the end result is so delicious and healthy! It's perfect for a hot spring or summer day as a breakfast or afternoon snack. I had mine lying in the sun on my back porch. Even though they are widely available here in the US, making it yourself allows you to know exactly what's in it and what you're putting in your body. Here's how you can make yours (I adapted from this recipe).


Ingredients:
1 ripe mango
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 Tbs sugar (I prefer to use agave or honey)
Large pinch of cardamom powder (I used Chinese Five Spice Powder)
Almond milk to thin

Directions:
1. Wash and peel the skin of the mango. Dice and freeze it for at least an hour.




2. Add the frozen mangoes, yogurt, sugar and cardamom powder to a blender and blend until smooth. If too thick, add almond milk to make it less so (coconut, soy or skim milk work too).



3. Pour and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment